Monday, May 3, 2010

Secret

The sunshine dances in your hair
I feel beautiful as I linger in your stare
Captivated as a moth drawn to a flame
Wildly more enchanted the more we get tangled in this game

Kiss me
I taste your mouth locked behind my lips
Sweetly
I smile behind crossed fingertips
You said you’d love me forever
If from afar and silently
I’ll keep your secret safe with me

The honey in your skin too sweet to waste
I became drunk in my unconscious haste
Golden dreams we wished on tainted stars
While your promises and wishes never would be ours

And I jumped feet first into the cold unknown
Never knowing that you never meant to follow
As roses full in bloom will wither in the sun
Disillusionment unravels us

Kiss me
I taste your mouth locked behind my lips
Sweetly
I smile behind crossed fingertips
You said you’d love me forever
If from afar and silently
I’ll keep your secret safe with me

But you went back (But you went back)
Back on me (Back on me)
If you had only said (If you had only said)
Your love wasn’t free

The price I paid was much too great
Left me with nothing but broken faith
If we get the love we think we deserve
How is it I’m the one who’s hurt?

Kiss me
I taste your mouth locked behind my lips
It burns me
How you smile behind crossed fingertips
You said you’d love me forever
This time you are naïve if you think
I’ll keep your secret safe with me

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind, love?