Wednesday, December 23, 2009

my civil war.


This feeling eats my insides out

Consuming me
Confusing me
I want to believe I have a chance

It's plain to see
That this is not for me
No matter how much I wish it so

So I'll try to
Ignore it
But I cannot seem to

Please take me
Oh, chain me
Make me forget that there was ever a time without you
Can't you see
I want you to want me
Force my eyes to open to see the truth that was always there

This insecurity
Threatens to bury me
The longing is the weight that holds me down

I am in the dark
Listening to no one but my heart
And yet you will tell me it is wrong

Please take me
Oh, chain me
Make me forget that there was ever a time without you
Can't you see
I want you to want me
Force my eyes to open to see the truth that was always there

How can I know that this is real?
Trusting is so hard in a world this cruel
Be my anchor, keep me held so close
That only death can pry us apart

This feeling eats my insides out

1 comment:

  1. I love the imagery in this poem, and the picture is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind, love?