Thursday, December 24, 2009

His Lullaby



Leave me a star so we'll always be together
A shining beacon to guide you if you lose your way
I'll look at it and think on your face as I last saw it
Your smile the only true thing in my world

And I'll wait for you
I will wait for you

So many days have I been so close to cracking
And so many nights have I cried
It's your touch that gives me hope, your faith that gives me strength
To go on one more day to see it through

We may be two hearts, but two parts that make us whole
Alone neither one can sustain
From fingertips to toes I have memorized your feel
'Cause when you kissed my lips, you also touched my soul

And I'll wait for you
Whatever you decide
I'll wait for you
And I'll wait for you
My heart is only yours and I'll wait for you

If our paths diverge, make your choice, and don't you worry
Let your heart lead you where you long to be
If life holds that we are meant to be, you'll find your way back
I will be right here, arms readied for your embrace

And I'll wait for you
Whatever you decide
I'll wait for you
And I'll wait for you
If it takes forever I'll wait for you

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind, love?