Monday, September 28, 2009

for future reference


after reading posts from apricot tea and the owl diary, i decided to be really really lame and do this questionnaire for myself (i just hope i dont seem like a huge ass). i'd like to look back on this one day and see how much i changed, though i dont think ill necessarily need to look at this specific survey to figure that out. :]

The Proust Questionnaire:

1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? being content while doing absolutely nothing; laying in the arms of someone you are in love with; getting lost in music, whether it be at a concert while singing along with thousands of other ppl to your favorite song (no feeling like it) or playing to yourself; feeling like you helped someone out or made a difference in their day; accepting whatever you have in life and being content with that -- no regrets.

2. What is your greatest fear? both surveys i've read have said something along the lines of "fear itself." im sorry, but im not that wise. im scared of death and the end of the world, as well as losing the people most important to me.

3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? im not sure if deplore was the intended word for this survey... but i have to say my sensitivity. i really have no shell whatsoever. it takes nothing to break me down.

4. What is the trait you most deplore in others? pride of any kind. do not get me started.

5. Which living person do you most admire? my father/mother.

6. What is your greatest extravagance? time. i spend it like i have it all.

7. What is your current state of mind? nonchalant, i would say. im tired, and all the worries about homework and school are going to have to wait until tomorrow.

8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue? chastity. im sorry, but there's nothing wrong with some good, old-fashioned lust. virgin or not, it wont make a difference.

9. On what occasion do you lie? when i can make it seem believable, and when i dont want to hurt someone else's feelings.

10. What do you most dislike about your appearance? the extra weight and all that it entails.

11. Which living person do you most despise? a few people that have hurt my boyfriend and me. i despise them equally.

12. What is the quality you most like in a man? the protectiveness. i like feeling safe, wanted, and treasured in a man's arms. i wouldnt mind if mine had a slight jealous streak, either. while charm and humor are always a plus, i'd like to know that my man would shield me from all harm, or at least, want to.

13. What is the quality you most like in a woman? confidence with modesty. i admire that.

14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? "son," "fuck," "i dont know," "whatever," "i love you"

15. What or who is the greatest love of your life? my boy <3>16. When and where were you happiest? i experience random bursts of happiness all the time. however, the time i can most vividly remember being happy was on my first date with aaron at knotts berry farm. you would think it was the day he asked me to be his girl, but that's not it i guess. on the way to knotts, he held my hand, played all the love songs on his iPod to me, and whispered sweet nothings in my ear. i still get butterflies thinking about it.

17. Which talent would you most like to have? The ability to play the piano and be a good singer. <--- me too, kristyna. i play and sing, but i can always get better. however, for an original answer, i'd have to say either to dance well or something physical.

18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? besides my appearance? (since thats my obvious answer) ummm... either be less sensitive or more confident.

19. What do you consider your greatest achievement? writing a whole book in my senior year of high school.

20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? a bird. ive always wanted to fly. (so not a chicken, penguin, or ostrich, thanks.)

21. Where would you most like to live? ireland. it's my dream to go there and maybe one day live there.

22. What is your most treasured possession? i rarely wear it for fear of losing it or worse, but the cheap little butterfly necklace with "angel" written on it that aaron got me for my 18th birthday.

23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? life without a love, or losing the love of your life. i cant imagine it.

24. What is your favorite occupation? i have little experience in that department, but i would say something rewarding either as a musician or where you get to save lives. say, in the medical field.

25. What is your most marked characteristic? my size? my hair? or maybe the red dot in my left eye that not many have mentioned to me, but that will prevent me from robbing any banks, should i ever have the sudden urge.

26. What do you most value in your friends? their humor (theyre all guys) and kindness.

27. Who are your favorite writers? stephenie meyer, jodi picoult, dean koontz, jk rowling, liz curtis higgs

28. Who is your hero of fiction? bella swan. sorry, i know it's lame, but really, a heroine who's a normal girl, even weirder and more of an outcast than the rest of us? you go, girl.

29. Which historical figure do you most identify with? i dont know any of them personally, so i cant really say.

30. Who are your heroes in real life? i believe i already answered this.

31. What are your favorite names? marina, freya, isabella, derek, jack. the names of my future kids... well, hopefully only 2 haha :]

32. What is it that you most dislike? loneliness, illness, procrastination, being deceived, being berated and not being able to defend myself, not being able to marry my boyfriend and live with him, my lack of funds.

33. What is your greatest regret? not trying harder when i had the chance.

34. How would you like to die? at peace, painlessly, and quickly.

35. What is your motto? i dont really have one. but "it could be worse" and "tomorrow's a new day" seem to make me feel better at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind, love?